Smoked Salmon Cakes Recipe with Salsa Verde
This combination of omega 3's, alkalizing greens and other satisfying nutrients is a contender for the repertoire if its not already. Breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or when your just slightly peckish.
If you double the mix you can have them on hand in the fridge of freezer for chocolate o clock.
- 500g potatoes
- 200g Akaroa hot smoked salmon pieces (skin removed)
- 200g Loft Kitchen Salsa Verde
- 10g chopped chives
- zest and juice ½ lemon grated finely
- NZ sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Scrub the potatoes to remove any dirt and place in a pot of cold water (skins on). Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer (about 30-40 minutes). until the potatoes are cooked soft.
- Strain the potatoes and leave to steam in the pot for 2 minutes, then roughly mash. Add all remaining ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Hand shape into round cakes, or use a mould for a consistent size. For even cooking make them approximately 3cm deep. Chill for 15 minutes in the fridge to set.
- Fry in a pan with a dash of olive oil on med-high setting for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown .
Serve with a generous lashing of Loft Kitchen Salsa Verde.
Make larger sized rounds and top with baby spinach and poached eggs for a fresh and healthy take on a brunch favorite.
Could this be the fine foodies bubble and squeak?? Let us know!
- Craig Hopkins