Tesh's Dark Chocolate, Hazelnut and Raspberry Raw Cake
"Cake is a breakfast food!" We are not joking... When the ingredients are this wholesome you will be off to a well fueled start to the day with this probiotic rich, raw cake. Tesh from RCY (Raglan Coconut Yogurt) got creative with fruit, nuts, seeds, a touch of fair trade love and her very own "joy in a jar".
Impress your friends in the evening and devour the leftovers the next morning. This ticks the box for raw, vegan and paleo diets. Free from gluten, dairy, eggs, refined sugars, gmo’s and preservatives.
- 12 natural dates, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of cacao
- 1 Tablespoon of Better Butter’s almond & spiced cookie butter
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup organic diced apricots.
- 1/3 cup organic cashews.
- Combine all ingredients in the food processor except the dried fruit and blend till you have rough crumbs.
- Add the apricots and dates blend again till you have a nice sticky mass.
- Pour mass into spring form tin(lined with natural paper if you wish) and press it around till you have an even base. Once this is done, put the base in the fridge.
- 1 large 700 ml jar of Raglan Coconut Yogurt (or two small leaving 100 ml for additional garnish).
- 1 cup of pre-soaked cashews (2-4) hours is fine.
- 1 Tablespoon of Poppy & Olive’s dark chocolate hazelnut butter
- 1/3 cup of frozen raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil (I used Maiden South Pacific)
- A few chunks of dark Fair trade chocolate
- Real Vanilla extract
- Pinch of Sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Trade Aid chocolate sauce
1 Tablespoon of freeze-dried raspberry powder
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until creamy.
- Pour evenly over the base.
- Once done, chuck the whole thing into the freezer for 2-4 hours or just as long as you can wait!
To serve, top with a swirl of Trade Aid chocolate sauce and a dusting of raspberry powder. Divine!
- Craig Hopkins